Tuesday 24 July 2012

Independence is sweet..

So I have really exciting news...we bought a trailer!! It's super exciting because now we can go to whatever shows we want and we don't have to borrow other people's trailer. We are finally independent!
The trailer we got is a Kieffer Built, two-horse goose neck. It has a very large tack room/sleeping area and a walk through to where the horse's are. It's really cool because if your in the tack room getting your stuff or something your horse is right through the door. The trailer is pretty big (23 feet long) so it's going to take some getting used to for sure but it's all very exciting :)

That's pretty much the most exciting thing that's happened lately but I might as well tell you how the show at Edenview went on the 15th.
The weather that day was great! The forecast had originally called for rain and thunderstorms but everything held off and it turned out really nicely. I did two full divisions as well as the extreme hunter challenge. The EHC was our first class of the day and he was a little bit spooky at first but by the end of the course he was doing really well. The hardest part of the course was at the end where you had to halt from a canter, back up three steps and then pick up a counter canter and do the last outside line. I wasn't sure if we were going to pull it off but we did - and he did it really well! He did it right from the halt too and got his counter canter right away. I was super proud of him. Sadly we didn't come first because I forgot to back up since I was so focused on the counter canter...*facepalm*...
The rest of the day went really well also. My next division was the 2'3'' - 2'6'' and we got reserve champion! I also decided to do the 2'6'' - 2'9'' division since the weather was so nice and Khamy was working so well, and we ended up getting reserve in that as well. I was really proud of my boy and had a lot of fun. There was even prizes at this show! For the first division I won a salt block and I also won a bucket in the second division.

The next Edenview show is on Aug. 26th. It'll be our first show with out new truck and trailer. I'm really excited!

That's all for now, talk soon!

Teagan & Khamy

No comments:

Post a Comment