Sunday 3 June 2012

Riding In the Rain

So I went to the Edenview show today. It was really fun! But it was very wet!! The forecast had been calling for rain and it was right! When I was warming up it was pouring! Everything was soaked but I didn't really care, I was having a really good ride!
I was originally going to do the junior 2'3 - 2'6 division but since some people didn't come (thanks to the weather) I did the open 2'6 instead (I was the only one in the junior haha)
The ring was absolute slop! There were puddles everywhere! My first class was the 'Extreme Hunter Challenge'. Basically you just had to do a bunch of different stuff like trot through pylons and then trot over a jump and do a counter canter after halting before a line etc. Khamy was...quite naughty. He did not approve of the mud! He jumped all the jumps (after a run out or two) by the end and did all the things that were required but not before having a tantrum haha. We have decided that he is an official princess!!
The next two classes were flat and I got a 2nd and a 3rd. I had to really push him through the mud but he didn't break or slip or anything so I was happy with our flat.
Next I had two classes over fences. Khamy was actually really good! He braved the mud and water and jumped around the course really nicely! I didn't really pay attention to distances because of the mud I didn't want to risk him slipping. He landed most of his leads and he got some of his flying changes! He did buck a little bit to get his hind end in the air, I think it was mostly because he was nervous in the slushy footing. In the first over fence class I got 3rd and in the second one I got 1st.
It was a great show day full of mud and rain but also lots of fun! And I got reserve champion which was pretty cool :) Here's a video of one the over fences classes I did:

I'll be back at the barn tomorrow so I might be able to post about something other than a show haha but I have Ultimate Frisbee practise so I might get home later than normal :/

Also my good friend Clare is coming to visit the barn on Tuesday which I am sooooooo excited about! I haven't seen her in FOREVER!! Gonna be a good week :)

xx

Teagan & Khamy


p.s OMG One Direction was soooooo AMAZING!! I went on Thursday, it was one of the best nights of my life!! I went with Zoe and Meg, it was so fun! When they first came out Meg and I just lost it we were screaming so loud and just freaking out (we probably looked REALLY strange) When they sang 'Moments' Meg and I were like crying so much and Zoe was just laughing at us haha! Omg NIALL PLAYED HIS GUITAR! It was sooo amazing! I love Niall omgomgijbsg0c8nsdgsgv.....ya so I only sort of like 1D.......

No comments:

Post a Comment