Monday 28 May 2012

First Show of the Season!!

Hey so I had my first show of the season on the 20th of May! It was great! I am soooooooooo proud of Khamy, he was awesome! Sorry I haven't blogged about it until now but I have been really busy and a tad bit lazy (hehe)

2'6 division,  May 20,  PHC
Anyways - I spent all day at the barn getting him all ready and packing the trailer etc. It was so nice to finally give him a bath! He was so dusty! I love it when they're all clean and shiny!
The show was at the Pickering Horse Centre, I did the hi/lo hunter division. It had three classes over fences and two on the flat. It was 2'6/2'9. We did the 2'6 because we're not focusing on height, more on the details and technique like flying changes. Speaking of flying changes he got 50% of them at the show! This was the first show where we got some flying changes! He only missed two leads out of the three trips we did. He's been getting really good at landing his leads as well.
The competition was SO intense! Pretty much all the people in my division were trillium riders and my coach said she recognised some of the horses from the A's when she went a few weeks ago to watch.
I didn't pin because our changes weren't perfect like the other horses but I got reserve/honourable mention in every class.

All in all it was a great day, I felt we accomplished a lot, and Khamy trailered soo nicely, the best he ever has! He didn't even think twice just walked on like I was turning him out in the paddock.

My next show is coming up really soon actually - this weekend! I am competing at Edenview Equestrian Centre. The jumpers at my barn show there (they host jumper shows)  and so we decided to try doing the hunter series this season. I'm really excited, I've heard it's a really nice place to show!

In other news, my lesson was quite interesting this week. We did some training in the forest and on the big hill in the neighbour's field. It was fun but challenging especially working on the hill. We were practising rhythm up and down the hill which was tough because I had to add impulsion going up the hill and then sit up and keep him from running down the hill too quickly. In the forest we worked on striding with trot poles and balance at the gallop. This week I will be going over there to practise some more.

Pole work in the forest


I also have some news about pony club. I attended a meeting on Friday and we discussed the subject of level testing which is coming up. I have to test for D and D1 before I can test for D2, which is the experience level I'm at right now. Each level is composed of three parts, the written test, the stable management test and the riding test. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

If I have time I'll blog again this week but if not I probably won't be back on here until after the show. So excited!

Flatting in the field




xx

Teagan & Khamy

No comments:

Post a Comment