Wednesday 11 April 2012

Impulsion...

Oh boy! Tonight I had an awesome ride!
 At first I thought Khamy was going to be a bit stiff but he worked out of it in no time. We were doing mostly flat today and he was so good!
His canter was FABULOUS tonight! Oh.My.Goodness!!!! A few months ago, I could barely sit deep in my seat without him breaking stride because he didn't have enough impulsion. It was really frustrating actually. We have been working really hard on balancing him and really getting that impulsion from behind and it's paying off! Now when I sit in my seat he ricks back on his haunches and really drives forward into the contact, it's the best feeling! I am so excited about this!

I put up a video of Khamy and I jumping the birch jump. It's only like 2'6 but I was just practicing keeping impulsion around the turn to the jump and landing leads so height didn't really matter.













 I'm not going riding tomorrow so until next time!



xx


Teagan & Khamy


























No comments:

Post a Comment