Tuesday 10 April 2012

Missed Him Soooo Much!

So tonight I got to go to the barn finally! I was in barn withdrawal haha and so was my mom! It's only been two days but what can I say I love my horse way too much!

I had such an amazing time at the barn today, right from the moment I went to catch my horse. Gotta love it when your horse comes running over when he sees you! He was such a sweetie today, so relaxed and affectionate. He was really calm in the cross-ties and stood so patiently. I was practising my fishtail braid in his forelock and he held his head nice and low for me, what a good boy!
As well as having some nice bonding time, we also had a really fabulous ride! Jenny (BO) put up a new jump in the arena with birch tree poles which was something Khamy has never jumped before and he didn't even look at it, he just flew over it!
His canter has been coming along so well and it feels like it's all finally coming together. We have worked hard all winter and it's finally starting to pay off. He is really starting to get that lovely collection while keeping a really steady and strong impulsion. He also got a few really clean flying lead changes tonight it was great!
I am loving my new saddle so much! The difference is amazing! It's like riding a completely different horse. Getting a saddle fitter was the best thing we have ever done, it's really amazing! His movement has improved heaps.
I rode bareback for a while after and took him over the birch jump again and he was perfect. I love riding bareback, you just feel so connected. I think Khamy likes it too!

I am also teaching Khamy to bow and he is such a quick learner! He's really flexible as well so that makes it a lot easier to teach him. Maybe once we're a little better at it I'll post a video on here :)

So basically just a super-duper fantastical ride! I missed Khamy so much, it was so good to see him! I am going riding again tomorrow (yay) I think I'm gonna work on some flatty stuff :)

Talk to you soon!

xx

Teagan & Khamy

P.S: Subscribe to my Youtube channel for more Khamy awesomeness ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/user/Hunterjumper891?feature=results_right_main



Free lunging the muffin ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment