Monday 9 April 2012

Quiz Practise: Conformation

So tonight I had a pony club quiz practise......yes I am a member of the Canadian Pony Club. It's great! You learn so much and get to meet so many new horsey friends. Plus you get to go to lots of cool/informative clinics and get to compete in Pony Club shows, PPG, Rally etc.
One of the events that Pony Club does is quiz. Quiz is where all the branches from your region get together and put their equestrian knowledge to the test. It's super fun! You work in groups of three with other people from your branch and their are different tests; oral tests, written tests etc. and the branch with the most points or whatever wins! My branch won last year and I'm hoping we will do as well this year!

Anyways, for the past couple of months my branch has been meeting weekly for quiz practise. So basically we focus on one thing each week that we'll need to know for quiz and learn about it. This week we did conformation. We covered a wide range of stuff from parts of the horse to what to look for conformation wise, when buying a horse. It's funny because a lot of the terms refer to other animals (cow hocked, pigeon toed, goose rump, mutton wither, etc.) and all of these terms are referring to things you don't want in a horse so it's like they're saying that horses are just way better than any other animal haha, which I think is sorta true, but I guess I'm a bit biased.

That's about it for today but I am going riding tomorrow (thank goodness) so I will probably post about that tomorrow! Talk to you soon!

xx

Teagan & Khamy

No comments:

Post a Comment